The Mainlander’s Sean Antrim appeared on Wake-Up With Co-op Radio this past Friday Jun 24 at 7:00am. Antrim outlined Vancouver’s regressive tax climate, describing the impacts of City Council’s tax shifts, corporate tax breaks and tax holidays:
- fuels real-estate speculation
- drives up rents, displacing small businesses
- gives the advantages to big-box stores
- blows a hole in the city budget
- impairs the City’s capacity to invest in affordable housing and other public goods
Listen by clicking this link. Sean speaks from minutes 37 to 50 (out of 60min total).